Amanda Gioscia, FCRH ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name: Amanda Gioscia

Single or Taken?: Taken

Major: Journalism

What she’s looking for in a significant other: Honesty is key. A great sense of humor always helps too. Egos turn me off, big time.

Why she picked Fordham: I wanted to be close to the home since I commute. Also, my older sister went here.

Campus Involvement: Class…I really should be a little bit more involved!

What’s one thing you don’t understand about the opposite sex? All the double standards they have for girls!

Do you prefer to make the first move or have him come to you? It really depends on the situation. I usually let the guy come to me, but I have made the first move before.

Who is your Celebrity Crush?: Taylor Kitsch…OMG!

Life motto: “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” – Wayne Dyer

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.