12DaysofHC 2021 Day12 Slide2?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
12DaysofHC 2021 Day12 Slide2?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career > Her20s

“A Gift Guide for Girls”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

With Valentine’s Day coming up, I felt like it was the perfect idea to write about gift ideas for girls. Since I am a girl in my early 20s, I consider myself to be a professional shopper and gift-receiver. In addition to the average ‘chocolate, jewelry, and flowers’ set of presents, I have crafted a gift guide for a girl in this era that can hopefully help those who struggle with giving gifts.

Recently, the ‘perfect’ way to style your hair is the iconic Dyson Air Wrap. Although the hairstyler is incredibly pricey, I own one and feel as though it is a valid purchase. Not only does it create a stunning ‘blow out’ look, but it is also easy to use. Since the Dyson is expensive, there are tons of cheaper options with the same tools and techniques, such as the Shark. 

Sticking with the beauty trend, there are several makeup products that will make great gifts. Some of my personal favorites include the ‘Too Faced’ lip injections lip plumper products. These lip products range from $16-$33, and create the perfect lip plump for a night out. Lips are one of my favorite parts of my makeup routine, so I feel as though this is such a simple touch that goes a long way. Another affordable makeup product is the Rare Beauty liquid blush stain. I have a light complexion so I have the dewy hot pink shade called ‘Happy.’ The blush has an easy application, where only 2-3 drops are needed, and it is also long lasting. Lastly, my favorite bronzer is the Fenty bronzer stick. The $28 product includes a variety of shades to match any skin tone. There also is a great amount of pigment, as the stick I use has lasted over a year. 

If your girl is on Tik Tok, she has probably come across someone’s Amazon storefront at some point. Looking at any influencer’s amazon storefront is a great way to gather ideas for gifts. Perhaps the easiest and most convenient gifts from an Amazon storefront are workout sets. There are several dupes of Bo and Tee, LuluLemon, and Aritzia workout sets for affordable prices. I shop constantly through Amazon storefronts, specifically for workout sets, and they are incredibly good quality for an easy price.

Last but not least, a girl loves home decor. A clean and neat space always equates to good vibes. Perhaps an easy but convenient gift is a candle, which can be placed on a desk and create a peaceful setting. Also, a book or journal can help a girl get organized and clear her mind. Finally, a throw blanket, or a personal favorite of mine, a heated blanket from Target. With the dead of winter approaching, it is the perfect opportunity to cuddle under a blanket with your lover! 

I hope you all embrace the love of Valentines’ Day, whether it is with a significant other, family, or friends. We all need to spread love!    

Cameron Huber

Fordham '24

I am a senior Biology major and English minor on the Pre-Medicine track at Fordham University. I love to go down the shore, workout, play with my pets, and read/write in my free time.