toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

9 Throwback Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

If you are a college girl and are looking for a Halloween costume that will make people smile (and turn heads, of course) then you have come to the right place. With Halloween here, I have listed some iconic costumes that are both easy to recreate and fun to wear! Happy spooky szn ladies!

CHEETAH GIRLS

• If you grew up in the 2000’s then I would bet money on the fact that you own a Juicy Couture sweat suit. Grab your girls and rock those velour suits for an easy, yet iconic costume! 

HANNAH MONTANA/MILEY CYRUS

• You get the best of both worlds with this costume. This costume works as an individual or in a group. As an individual, all you need is a long blonde wig and a microphone. If you want to turn this look into a group costume, try recreating Miley’s iconic looks over the years. You have lots of options here! 

LIZZIE MCGUIRE 

• Am I the only one that still hopes to be mistaken for a celebrity? Not only is Lizzie McGuire a staple from all of our childhoods, but her silver outfit that she wore on stage in Italy during The Lizzie McGuire Movie is equally as iconic. If you want to make this a group costume, find a friend who can wear Isabella’s green stage outfit!

CHER

• Growing up, I remember always watching Sonny and Cher re-runs with my mom. These shows are some of my earliest memories with my mom, so Cher will always have a special place in my heart! If this costume is good enough for Kim Kardashian, then it must be cool. 

THE MANY PHASES OF BRITNEY 

• This would be the most epic group costume. We have Denim Britney, School Girl Britney, Snake Britney, and countless other iconic looks that are sp easy to recreate. Grab a few friends and some microphones and you are set!

ELLE WOODS FROM LEGALLY BLONDE 

• There are multiple ways to achieve this costume. You can steal the all-pink look from the film cover which, again, is absolutely iconic. But if a business suit is not the look you are going for, you can always resort back to the pink bunny costume Elle sports in the film to spice things up a little bit!

CLUELESS

• I feel like I always see at least 20 girls dressed up as Cher from Clueless every year. Is there anything more recognizable than that yellow checkered set and white knee-high socks? 

BAYWATCH 

• This is another throwback costume that is super easy to achieve alone or with a group. A red bodysuit or swimsuit will do the trick. Shorts with the “Baywatch” logo would also add a cute touch to the costume. Oh, and don’t forget your lifeguard whistle! 

SANDY 

• Of course I had to include this costume in the list. This might just be the most popular costume for girls and has been worn by the likes of Gigi Hadid and Hailey Baldwin. Get yourself some leather pants, an off-the-shoulder body suit, red heels (and lipstick of course), and you’ll have this look in the bag. Curl that hair for an extra touch! 

Happy Halloween!

Julia Lynch

Fordham '20

Hi girls! I am a junior from Ridgewood, NJ majoring in Communications and minoring in Marketing at Fordham University Rose Hill. Apart from writing, I enjoy dancing and reading! I hope you ladies enjoy reading what I have to say on Her Campus!