6 Reasons To Join Her Campus Fordham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Welcome back to Fordham, collegiettes! We at HC Fordham hope you all had an amazing summer and are looking for new ways to get involved on campus this year. Here are 6 reasons why you should join the best organization at Fordham. HCXO, The HC Fordham Staff

1. As a member of the HC Fordham team, you get the opportunity to interact with all members of the Fordham community. 

Through HC Fordham staff meetings, interviews with Campus Celebs/Cuties, and team outings (such as this very, very important endeavor), there are countless ways for you to interact with various people and groups on campus. Yay for being social butterflies!

2. HC Fordham is a GREAT resume builder.

Her Campus is a national organization that is well-known within the media industry. There’s a chapter at schools across the country and they’re constantly doing events in collaboration with the people you one day want to work for! Plus, being a contributor is a great opportunity to build a portfolio of work to showcase to future employers. Fun Fact: HC Fordham team members have interned at Seventeen, Cosmo, Woman’s Day, and more amazing organizations in the media/communications industry.

3. #FREESTUFF

Her Campus Nationals sends Survival Kits to chapter teams throughout the semester and they are filled with all kinds of goodies (including Chipotle gift cardssss). Check out the contents of last year’s Summer Survival Kit here. Not to mention, there are frequent opportunities to see advanced screenings of new movies and attend awesome events like College Fashion Week. 

4. Network, network, network!

You never know who you’ll meet at the Her Campus Conference or College Fashion Week. You’ll meet fellow college women and accomplished female professionals throughout the industry!

5. You can show your Fordham Pride!

Love Fordham? Love NYC? Write about it! Give back to the Fordham community by covering the news that’s important to you and your peers, including the weird things you hear them say around campus.

6. HC Fordham gives the female students at Fordham their own voice.

Her Campus Fordham is a magazine written by Fordham women, for Fordham women. You have the chance to write about what’s going on at Fordham and the larger community, through the lens of the female experience. HC Fordham doesn’t shy away from the issues that affect women at Fordham, including hook-up culture and street harassment, all while hailing our feminist role model, the Queen B herself, Beyoncé. Got something to say? Let HC Fordham be your platform. 

We hope to see you all at our first meeting: Wednesday, September 23rd at 7:30 p.m., location TBA. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for location details or shoot an email to oliviaegger@hercampus.com if you have any questions!

Olivia is a junior at Fordham University. She is a Communications major from bright and sunny Southern California, but the East Coast is her second home. She actually does love long walks on the beach, but she also loves being a friend, sister, daughter, and aunt. Most importantly, she hopes her articles make you feel happy.