17 Spring Break Essentials You Can’t Forget To Pack

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

After midterms, multiple blizzards and the panic of mumps going around campus, our stress levels seem to be through the roof. Spring break could not have come at a better time! Packing for SB can seem overwhelming, so to make life a little easier I’ve compiled a list of a few Spring break essentials that you might have forgotten otherwise:

1. Baby Powder- You know that feeling when you’re about to leave the beach but you can’t seem to get all the sand off of your feet? Rub baby powder over the sandy parts of your feet (or any part of your body) and it will literally fall right off! Magical.

2. Waterproof Mascara- A wise woman once told me, “Never leave the house without mascara on. It’s like leaving the house without clothes on- it’s a necessity.” Invest in some waterproof mascara to be able to look your best at the pool and beach.

3. SPF Chapstick- If you’ve never gotten sunburn on your lips, consider yourself lucky…very lucky. Not only is it extremely painful, but it can start to bubble and puss. So unless you want to say goodbye to making out with the cute guy you met at the bar last night, apply some SPF chapstick every couple of hours!

4. Water Bottle- Make sure you stay hydrated throughout the day. You don’t want to be that girl that ends up passing out on the beach because she was too busy sipping one too many lime-a-rita’s instead of some agua.

5. Banana Boat Deep Tanning Sunscreen Lotion with Green Tea, SPF 8 I swear this suntan lotion was sent from heaven! It smells amazing and will give you the perfect glow without getting burned. And it’s less than $10 at your local drugstore!

6. Evian Mineral SprayAs much as we love to lie out in the sun all day, it can cause our skin to become dry. Spray a little bit on your face every few hours to make sure your skin stays hydrated and your makeup stays fresh!

7. Big Floppy Sun Hat- Embrace your inner Samantha Jones with a big floppy hat before you hit the beach. Not only will it protect your hair from drying out, but it will also shield your face from the harmful UV rays! Always remember girls: UV rays=wrinkles. Your 50 year old self will thank you.

8. Perfume Roller- If you don’t already have a perfume roller, go and buy one right now! They’re perfect for those times when your perfume has worn off throughout the day, or right before you meet up for a date! They’re especially useful for beach days to get rid of that sea salt smell. My favorite is Marc Jacob’s Daisy Rollerball.

9. Frisbee- I’ve never been one to lay on the beach all day; too boring. Bringing a frisbee can be a fun way to keep you preoccupied and still soak up the sun. Added bonus: you’ll work off some of those calories you’ve been regretting since the night before.

10. Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray Before you head to the beach, spritz a little of this on your hair and scrunch. It will give you those Candice Swanepoel beachy waves we all dream about!

11. Disposable Camera- Although most of us haven’t used one of these since 2001, disposable cameras can be a girl’s best friend on Spring break. They’re cheap, they take authentic-looking pictures, and it’s not a travesty if you end up losing it!

12. Plastic Bag- If you’re heading to the beach or by a pool, make sure to stick your phone or iPod in a plastic bag. Not only does it shield it from sand and water, but you’ll still be able to use it through the plastic!

13. Pocket Purell- If the mumps breakout taught us anything, it’s to keep one of these in our bags at all time. Germs, people. Germs.

14. Advil & Pepto- For that hangover you didn’t sleep off, and the food you didn’t know would make you sick!

15. Headphones- To block out your friend who won’t stop nagging you to “come in the ocean” with her, or the crying baby behind you on the plane. Headphones in, world out.

16. Hoodie- As warm as it might be during the day, the temperatures go down once the sun does. Be sure to pack a hoodie or jacket for the colder nights.

17. Bottle Opener- Because, at this point in our college careers we should all have a bottle opener on hand.