Culture > News

Wildest Pop Culture Moments (So Far)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.
  • Chris Rock getting Slapped by Will Smith
    • Yes, this is a thing of the past, but having time passed has brought a response from both of them. While Will has apologized and personally called him to express his shame, Chris Rock has yet to give him any forgiveness for the act.
  • Don’t Worry Darling Fiasco
    • It all started with the feud between Oliva Wild and Florence Pugh, or so we thought when Shia LaBeouf spoke his truth. He was initially cast to take on Harry Styles’s role but was “fired” due to “safety reasons” as Oliva Wilde put it. Shia wasn’t having it, so he went on an interview stating that he left due to scheduling conflicts. Amidst the production and casting of Harry Styles, Olivia ended her engagement with her ex-husband Jason Sudeikis. She, later on, hit it off with Harry Styles to the point Florence had to step in as director to finish the movie. It all ended in flames when Florence refused to go on press tours for the meeting, wearing the snarky nickname Olivia used to call her on set with pride, and Harry Styles spitting on Chris Pine. It’s also rumored he told Olivia “We’re over” behind the back of his cast members as they took photos.
  • White Men Cheating on Their Bombshell Wives.
    • Let’s start off with the elephant in the room Adam Levine who came claiming he was already working on his issues with his wife. At the same time, about five more women came out voicing their affairs and cringe texts from him. Next is Ned Fulmer from the Try Guys who based his whole brand on loving his wife and two kids. To think I believed him for one second is foul, and my heart goes out to their wives and children for having to endure the mistakes of their mediocre husbands.
  • Ray J exposing the Kardashians
    • The way my jaw dropped when I saw Ray J pull out literal receipts and text messages of the Kardashians having sold Kim’s sex tape. 
  • Liam Payne on the Logan Paul Podcast
    • Him coming out saying he was the face—the inspiration for the formation of One Direction based on Simon Cowell’s words was the peak of comedy.
I'm a writer at HerCampus and a student at FIU majoring in marketing. When I’m not writing, I'm catching up with the latest pop culture news or going through my TBR (to-be-read) list :)