Where’s Justin Bieber In All The Drama Going Down Between Hailey and Selena

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

This passive-aggressive drama rose from the dead after Hailey and Kylie made an Insta story showing off their brows right after Selena posted about her laminated brows. And to think it all ended the moment those photos of Hailey and Selena together were released. Most people thought it was a sign that they had put the drama behind them. That they were fine and done with being messy over a man who isn’t worth the drama.

But nope. Once again, the passive-aggressive shade makes a comeback.

Enough has been said about Hailey and Selena, and while people are still picking teams, it seems like no one’s speaking up about Justin’s silence. If anything, everyone’s waiting for him to make a response. A signed declaration that he loves Hailey and this drama is all in our heads.

That was me for five seconds before I realized: why should we wait? Why is he silent over everything that’s going down? Why should Hailey have to put up with this alone, when the literal reason all of this is going down is because of Justin?

In my opinion, Justin doesn’t care. He must think he loves Hailey and doesn’t care about Selena, so he doesn’t need to prove it to the world. What matters is that Hailey knows he loves her, and whatever the world has to say is white noise. Meanwhile, Hailey’s getting dragged on the internet. It may not bother her, but it’s affecting her brand, it’s ruining her image. Her life’s work is being in the public eye. Justin can afford to flip off the paparazzi and skip the red carpet, but Hailey’s not there yet.

And even if she was, maybe she wouldn’t want to step out of the limelight. Maybe she likes the attention and the cameras. At the end of the day, Justin’s silence speaks volumes. This isn’t about some petty disagreements or mean girl behavior. It’s the fact that this is all happening over a man who won’t even bother to stand up for his wife.

I'm a writer at HerCampus and a student at FIU majoring in marketing. When I’m not writing, I'm catching up with the latest pop culture news or going through my TBR (to-be-read) list :)