This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

StartUP FIU Food is a program under StartUp FIU to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses in various aspects. It was founded in 2017 and is the second program under StartUp FIU’s entrepreneurship initiative. Under the leadership of Anna Etienne, director of StartUP FIU Food, the program has been able to help over 20 companies grow.  

With a grant from Citi Foundation and a collaboration with the Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at the FIU Biscayne Bay Campus, entrepreneurs have the opportunity to take their company to the next level. Business owners are able to make use of a large commercial kitchen to improve production. Not only do they provide workspace to increase efficient production of products for entrepreneurs, but the program also assists business owners with the financial aspect and marketing of their brand through workshops and many networking opportunities. StartUP FIU Food’s effort to help businesses has landed companies such as Happylicious and The Rumcake Factory deals with Whole Foods Market.

Businesses focused within the food industry that are looking to expand their brand would gain a great deal from StartUp FIU. In addition, they have started a membership program that provides entrepreneurs with finance workshops, marketing and branding opportunities, networking, industry mentors and consulting meetings with the StartUp team to take businesses to the next level of success. There is a $3,000 fee to take part in the F.E.E.D mentorship program which also bestows exclusive events and opportunities beyond the list that I have previously mentioned.

As mentioned on their website, “Our mission is to help communities enable their entrepreneurs transform their dreams into innovative businesses that make community prosperity a reality.”

Keep up with StartUp FIU Food on the following social media platforms:

Instagram- @Startupfiufood

Facebook- Startup FIU Food or @startupfiufood