This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

If you were to search up the word “success” on any search engine or website, the most common definition that you’ll come across would be the following: “the accomplishment of an aim or purpose”.

Now more than ever, we are being pushed to go beyond our limits and be the best we can be. Of course, there is nothing wrong with that. However, it can be a lot of pressure. I’ll be the first one to tell you that it may not come right away and that may not always be the most ideal thing to hear. You may find yourself in a position where you see everyone around you thriving and you can’t help but to feel stuck and unsure about what to make of yourself. I’ve been there before and the first thing you have to do is just accept where you are at the moment. Everything else will follow.

To get you on the right track, I’ve created several concepts that could be used in your journey of success. Whether it be college, or just life in general, here are a few pointers.

1. Develop a plan: Although this may be ironic because not everything in life goes accordingly, developing a plan (whether it be for this semester or for your future dream job) it gives you base of where to start and what you need to do in order to achieve that goal that you have in mind.
  2. Manage your time: this may be one of the most challenging parts, especially when it comes to being a full time student, whom also works a job, and wants to maintain somewhat of a social life. By learning how to prioritize, you will find out what is really important.
  3. Be committed: Don’t get discouraged when something does not go your way. Instead, use it as motivation. The only way to achieve anything is to not give up  midway.
  4. Learn how to face a difficult situation: This may be the hardest concept to apply. Sometimes we don’t go for the challenge and we forget that sometimes we need to undergo certain obstacles to achieve success
  5. Don’t rely on others: When it comes to your success, it is up to YOU to decide what you want and how you’re going to get it. You’re living your life for you and nobody else.

Hopefully this article gives you a little insight on your journey to success and all you wish to accomplish this spring semester… 

– 

Kaylee 

thumbnail picture courtesy