oscar 2103653 1920?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
oscar 2103653 1920?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Felicity Warner / HCM
Life > Academics

Voces Del Periodismo at FIU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

This past Thursday, The National Association of Hispanic Journalist (NAHJ) club at FIU hosted its 3rd edition of the Voces Del Periodismo award ceremony. This award ceremony is completely planned and executed by the members in the organization for all students in the journalism field. Any university student in South Florida can submit their journalistic piece to the Voces Del Periodismo website. Then, the work will be evaluated by famous local reporters and the students will receive recognition for their hard work. During the function, students are able to network with famous journalists. During this years ceremony, well known reporters: like Erika Carrillo from Univision and Rogelio Mora-Tagle from Noticiero Telemundo, attended the event as judges for the students work. The awards ceremony was hosted by famous actress and reporter Felicidad Aveleyra, who gave awesome advice to the students seeking a similar career path. Overall, the evening was very special. The NAHJ organization provided live entertainment, food, and much more for the guests. FIU students got to learn great advice from professionals in the journalism field on how to be the best reporter you can be. Voces Del Periodismo is held annually, therefore if you are interested in journalism, stay tuned for next year’s event!

Travel Enthusiast & Marketing Major