This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

FLEABAG

Our Editor, Lidia Delgado sent this amazing character for this article specifically. Fleabag from the drama series of the same name, tells us the story of a dry-witted woman that has no filter as she navigates through life in the bustling streets of London. Lidia claims that “she’s a complex character that is unlike anything I’ve seen! While the viewers don’t know her real name, Fleabag allows us to see how she navigates life, love, loss, and desire.” This irate, crossed, and grief-riddled woman tries to heal while rejecting the help of others. Hence, I can see why viewers would love Fleabag’s character as a witty, sharp, hot mess of a character that is just overcoming the trauma and tragedy of her life. It’s also very refreshing for characters to not be diluted throughout the series, ” “It’s rare to find a television series so unapologetically focused on only one character’s perspective. Throughout the entire two seasons, you’ll never see the action unfold that isn’t through the eyes of our titular character, Fleabag.”

Jennifer check

As we all know, Jennifer’s Body is a cult classic amongst the teen horror genre. Jennifer Check is such a titular character to not put her on the list. Jennifer was a high-schooler who was unwillingly sacrificed by a rock band, resulting in her becoming a Succubus. Even though she’s the main antagonist of this film, we can not help but notice her iconic looks and love her seductive nature. Though she can be ignorant and insensitive sometimes, especially towards Needy, she also deeply cares for her best friend. We also can’t help but pin her as a bisexual icon, when she initiated a kiss with Needy and her iconic line of “I go both ways.”

Fallon carrignton

We all love a girl boss, and Fallon Carrington embodies this female archetype perfectly. Fallon can be described as sharply intelligent, charismatic, and savvy. She knows what she wants and is not afraid to go after it, even if it means manipulating the situation. Writer Samantha Reyes claims Fallon as an “extremely ambitious and an absolute girl boss.” Not to mention, here outfits are always on point, giving this beloved character a more modern update to the flashy style the Carringtons are known for.

blair waldorf

Need I say more? Blair Waldorf is one of the main characters of the hit TV series, Gossip Girl. Introduced in the series and the books, Blair is an obsessive overachiever and highly ambitious however, she is loyal to her friends and compassionate. We all know we should not hesitate to defend someone we love and care for, and Blair is the epitome of this type of thinking. Despite her ruthlessness, she is absolutely iconic when it comes to her looks. Blair’s tendency to overachieve crosses over to her style choices, she’s almost always wearing designer clothing every day, especially to school. As she puts it, “Fashion is the most powerful art there is. It’s movement, design, and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we’d like to be.”

lorelai gilmore

Lorelai is such a beloved character for us to not put her on this list. She’s so loved by many viewers because she makes a positive impact on everyone around her, and she helps people feel confident and feel good about themselves. Her personality is so bubbly, energetic, and so driven as a single mother. She is such a loving mother to Rory and has sacrificed her young adult years and college life to raise her child. Lorelai Gilmore is definitely the most likable character in Gilmore Girls since she’s the heart and soul of the entire show.

elle woods

Elle Woods is this very bubbly college-age girl that goes to Harvard Law School in hopes that her ex, Harvey would realize she is more than a pretty face to offer the world. She manages to get into Harvard despite everyone’s judgment through her determination and hard work. Not only Elle Woods is a lovable character but she is a good role model as well. Even though her pretty face and charismatic personality do not present it, she knows how to read people and knows how to make people open up. “She is also a natural presenter, with skills that probably came from her experience as a sorority president. There is no sort of change or big revelation – the whole plot relies on Elle simply being herself.” Ultimately Elle Woods is a feminist icon, she defies the stereotypes that women who embrace femininity are incapable of success in intelligently rigorous fields. (Hence, why we stan)

DAMON SALVATORE

Damon Salvatore is one of the main protagonists of the Vampire Diaries, alongside his brother Stefan Salvatore. Damon is described to be sinister, dangerous, cold-hearted, and generally ruthless. However, we cannot help how seductive and handsome he is, which makes more such a dark and compelling character. Even though Damon may present himself as uncaring and cold, his humor and his adventurous spirit are loved by many viewers. His love for Elena and how he acts selflessly when he is around her makes him more charming.

cory matthews

Fans of Boy Meets World or lovers of 90s sitcom love Cory Matthews from Boy Meets World. Goofy, witty, friendly, and always willing to poke fun at himself, Cory has such a good personality as a show protagonist. Even though he presents himself as such an average kid with no talents, he is the main character and a lot of people can relate to that. Editor Gabriela Gutierrez-Gallo claims that “his anxiety with school and relationships and his struggle to find a purpose in life as a young adult really speaks to me.” Throughout most of the show, the audience gets to see how these characters grow into adulthood and everything they go through during their adolescent years. He’s the guy who wants everyone to be happy and willing to dedicate himself to his friends, family, and girlfriend before his own happiness.

Born and raised in Miami, FL, Amanda Ultimo is a Management and International Business major at The University of Georgia. Amanda has served as Lead Campus Ambassador for The Women's Network's FIU chapter and writer for HerCampus FIU, both organization that help to empower collegiate women.