college party safety tips?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
college party safety tips?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
PARAMOUNT PICTURES
Style > Fashion

Trendy 2022 Halloween Costume Ideas

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Spooky season is back, everyone! Every year you probably tell yourself you’re going to have an amazing Halloween costume… but when the time comes you can’t think of anything. Nonetheless, planning months ahead don’t fully work out 100% of the time.

In case you haven’t started the hunt for your costume — or costumes, no need to worry. With endless amounts of new films, tv shows, and more the world of pop culture has expanded throughout the past year. Below are some trendy costumes for your next college festivities!

American psycho

One of horror’s fictional protagonists and infamous villains — Patrick Bateman is based on the 1991 novel, American Psycho. Bateman is recognized for the signature suit-and-tie look. For those leaning more towards villain-inspired costumes, this is definitely a look you can spice up. All you need is a white button-down, tie, transparent raincoat, and a foam version of Bateman’s prop.

BRidgeRTON

Who else loves a binge-worthy Netflix series? Bridgerton has gained much popularity throughout the last few years shortly after the release of its first season in 2020. Whether you plan on being the Duke or Duchess of Hastings, the possibilities are endless when it comes to Bridgerton-inspired costumes. Pair a chic mini dress or corset with a set of satin gloves, pearls, and a miniature crown and you’re good to go!

EMILY IN PARIS

In addition to acclaimed Netflix television shows, Emily in Paris quickly became one of the most watched series on the streaming platform. Adored for her whimsical spirits and taste in fashion, there’s no doubting that the aesthetic is everything! Wear Emily’s inspired beret along with a matching set or houndstooth patterned blazer.

EUPHORIA

Rue… when was this? Aside from the sensitive topics and graphics, Euphoria has been recognized for its iconic makeup looks and hairstyles worn by characters on the show. On Euphoria, there is a character for everyone; choose to dress up as your favorite character for Halloween this year. Match with a bestie as Fez and Ashtray, Fez and Lexi, or solo as Rue or Maddie.

GHOSTFACE

Based on the hit horror film, Scream, the Ghostface inspired costume has become a timeless piece. With various ways to style this costume, you can’t go wrong. Dress up the classic Ghostface mask with an all-black outfit or a pair of black boots and a black mini dress.

Kourtney Kardashian & Travis Barker

Punk rock has returned and celebrity couple, Kourtney Kardashian Barker and Travis Barker are making sure of that. Not only have the two become Instagram’s favorite lovey-dovey couple, but their edgy wardrobe has attracted many. There’s so much to choose from — leather jackets, or pants, black and white prints, and latex dresses matched with a set of Doc Martens.

MORTAL KOMBAT

Searching for a costume that screams total girl-boss? The video game, Mortal Kombat, features several animated characters whose ensembles are IT. Choose from Sergeant Cassie Cage, cautious Warrior Jade, or military office Sonya Blade and empire ruler, Katana.

SCARLETT WITCH

Marvel’s, WandaVision, follows Wanda Maximoff’s — or Scarlett Witch’s, life shortly after creating an alternate reality. Not only is Scarlett Witch one of the most powerful female leads in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but her signature look is also a major fan favorite. Whether you decide on wearing a red corset top or a red leotard, this is certainly a spunky costume.

STRANGER THINGS

Chrissy wake up — it’s almost Halloween! Stranger Things has always maintained its renowned reputation. But after the release of Season four, fans went crazy over characters Chrissy and Eddie, who were introduced during the latest season. Decide on dressing up as one of Hawkins’s very own cheerleaders or a member of the D&D club.

TOP GUN PILOTS

Tired of seeing the same workforce costumes every year? Add some jazz by dressing up as a Top Gun aviator. Throw some shades on, a green jumpsuit or romper, and some red lipstick! Something so simple and easy yet creative!

WEDNESDAY ADDAMS

Another timeless fan favorite is none other than The Addam’s Family. The legacy continues as Netflix announced the brand new horror-comedy series, Wednesday, starring Jenna Ortega. Tune in to your inner Wednesday Addams this Halloween by wearing high-thigh boots and a long-sleeved black dress. Finish the customer with a white color, two braided pigtails and you’re set!

These are only a few of the trendy costumes we’ll probably see this upcoming Halloween! Don’t be afraid to think outside the box to find what feels great for YOU. Remember to have fun and most importantly be safe during this Halloween season!

Samantha joined Her Campus in January 2022 and has continued as a writer. Based in Miami, Florida and is currently a Public Relations student at Florida International University. Favorite pastimes range from art and writing to music and traveling. Enjoys watching movies, going out, and watching sports games.