This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

If you’re looking to plan a quick getaway trip for some historic sights, endless shopping, and too-good-to-eat food, then look no place else but Boston. A few weeks ago, I visited this cute, small city as a weekend mini vacation with my mom and fell in love with everything about Boston (including those accents!).

Boston is honestly not what people make it to be. Yes, it’s a student-run city but it is literally a mini, mini, mini New York City. You can walk all of Boston in less than an hour if you’re a dedicated walker, try out all the trendy food places in 3 days, and still have enough time to shop till you drop! And if that isn’t enough to convince you to take a short vacay to Boston, there’s infinite historic sites to visit!

From the beautiful walls of the Boston Public Library, the famous Common park, the wealthy street of Commonwealth Ave, and the renowned Newbury Street for shopping, you’ll never find yourself bored or without anything to do. And don’t even get me started about the food… three words: Clam Chowder Soup. Yes, you can find clam chowder anywhere in Miami but there’s nothing like having an original Bostonian meal.

Uncover Boston’s history while also enjoying its modern edge, artisanal markets, trendy boutiques, fast-paced whale watches, theatre district, and historic landmarks. There’s so much to do, you’ll just have to come and enjoy what Boston has to offer yourself!

Cristina is currently a Junior at Florida International University, co-Director of Morale for Roarthon, and a Staff Writer for Her Campus! Although she is on the physical therapy track, her love for writing stemmed at a young age when writing imaginative stories for fun and is so excited to embark on this creative writing adventure. Aside from her studies, Cristina has been dancing since she was 3 and performed on Broadway in the Summer of 2016 for an Autism Speaks Benefit Concert! She loves anything NYC related, spicy ramen soup, and is obsessed with dogs. Stay tuned for more articles! xoxo