etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things To Be Grateful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

In the spirit of November bringing Thanksgiving, I’ve been reflecting a bit more on the things I am grateful for. I’m grateful for a lot of what I have, but the things listed below make me feel like every day is a special treasure. 

1. Health and Wellbeing

Waking up each day and being alive is a blessing on its own, but its even better that I am fully able to get up and live with no restrictions. Being someone that has had health issues before, this is something I will never take for granted again. 

2. Family/Friends

The people that lift us up when we’re down or are simply there to love us give life meaning. Always tell your loved ones how much you value them.

3. Education

Although sometimes its stressful to be a woman in college, its important to remember that not everybody gets this amazing opportunity. It may be expensive, tedious, and a lot to handle at times, but you’re able to experience this time that not many people can.

4. Growth

I am immensely grateful to be able to work towards being a better version of myself each day and to impact others as positively as I can. 

5. Simple things

Nothing makes me feel more blessed than realizing life is a beautiful thing. Whether there is a random rainbow appearance, an exchange of smiles or laughter, or I’m looking in the eyes of a loved one, the simple things in life are what makes me feel the most grateful.

I encourage you all- not just in this festive time of giving thanks, but always- to realize how lucky we are to have what we have. Life is by no means perfect, but focusing on what we have, instead of what we don’t, is the best way to treasure it. 

Thankful for you,

♡ AB

Cover Pic Credit: http://www.raqueldorsey.com/2015/11/free-thanksgiving-printables/