Teen Marries High School Sweatheart With Just a Couple of Days to Live

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Our hearts melt at the thought of movies and novels like The Fault in Our Stars or A Walk to Remember, but while we shed a final few tears and switch the TV off, we sometimes forget that these tragic love stories are some people’s realities. For two Florida teens –Dustin Snyder and Sierra Siverio, their wedding day could very much be a scene from one of these films. Dustin Snyder who is now nineteen years old was diagnosed with a rare cancer right before his eighteenth birthday, and while he was believed to be cancer free after surgery, the cancer came back and Snyder was given a few weeks to live. Before he passed, Snyder made a last wish to marry his high school sweetheart, stating “After my first surgery when she was there for me in the hospital for 10 days straight, didn’t ever leave. That’s when I knew she was the one.” In order to give the two a proper wedding, a gofundme account was set up and over $39,000 of a $40,000 goal was reached. Snyder’s family stated that any left over donations would be spent on Dustin’s funeral costs.The two were happily married at Big Red Barn in Florida. Siverio said she and Dustin would be together “no matter what, forever, in both of our hearts.”

Photo source #1

Photo source #2

Cover Photo Source