This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Tailgate season is upon us! It is everyone’s favorite time of the year, and HerCampus is here to give you all the information you’ll need to make it your best tailgate season yet. For all the incoming freshmen, welcome to your rookie season. And for returning seniors, welcome to the beginning of the end.

What exactly is a tailgate? Google defines it as “a social gathering at which an informal meal is served from the back of a parked vehicle, typically in the parking lot of a sports stadium.” Basically, tailgating means grabbing all of your best pals, and parking your car in one of the specified lots on campus. You pop the trunk, jam to music, play games, and get hyped for the football game to come. 

When are the tailgates? Grab your planner and jot down the dates for all of this year’s FIU home games:

• Saturday, Sept 9th @ 7:30PM vs Alcorn State
  • Saturday, Sept 30th @ 7:00PM vs Charlotte
  • Saturday, Oct 14th @ 7:00PM vs Tulane
  • Saturday, Nov 4th @ 7:00PM vs UTSA
  • Saturday, Nov 11th @7:00PM vs Old Dominon
  • Saturday, Nov 18th @ 7:00PM vs FL Atlantic

Unsure of what to wear to a tailgate? Stay tuned for part 2 and 3 of the series, “Tailgate Season.” Time to gas up your Jeeps, paint your coolers, pick your outfit, and head to campus for the biggest day party celebrating America’s favorite sport: football. Get excited, collegiates! 

Blogger - www.thelysslife.com Lover of french fries, manicures and ripped jeans