This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Ladies, I’m sure that by this point in the semester you’re already planning out all the fun and crazy things you plan to do this summer with your gal pals! Roadtrips? Going abroad? Maybe even a cruise? That is unless, you’re taking summer classes. Bummer right? I’m sure many of us collegiettes are going to have to suffer through some summer classes. This means that you are more limited to traveling, though it does also depend on what summer you’re planning on taking.  Due to the fact that I share the struggle that some of you are going through, here are some fun ideas of what to do in order to enjoy your summer to the fullest without having to go away!

1.      Have a girl’s night every Friday night

Now, this doesn’t mean that you and your girls are going to go out to eat or partying every Friday night, but it is always nice to unwind at the end of the week. Each week you can alternate the house that you go to, have everyone chip in to buy some food and drinks and maybe rent a movie! There’s also making a spa night out of it! Buy some facemasks, they have some fantastic ones at Ulta for $5, nail polish, and maybe some cucumbers to place on those pretty little eyes! Everything depends on what you gals and your friends like!

2.      Scout out events in the area

Maybe there will be a festival, much like the Renaissance festival that happened earlier this year. There could also be some unknown artist who is having a free, small concert somewhere. A lot of the times, fun events occur around the city but most of us aren’t aware of them because we don’t look for them. So go ahead, look through a copy of the Herald and see if there is any events going on, or take the simple route and google it!

3.      4th of July BBQ with friends!

If you, or any of your friends, have a big backyard then take advantage of it and plan a fabulous and fun 4th of July BBQ. Have a few of your friends buy festive decorations to place around the yard, while others can buy what they would like to bring to the get together. If you’re having guy friends over, then they’ll most likely bring a football or soccer ball to play with. You can also take advantage of this and play a Battle of the Sexes game, and maybe whoever loses cleans up?

4.      Learn something new

Haven’t you been trying to take a yoga class since the end of last semester? Didn’t you tell yourself that you were going to get around to it at the beginning of this semester..and yet it never happened? Well, now is your chance! Yoga a great way of relaxing and it helps you become more flexible! Many gyms tend to offer coupons or trials for some of the classes they offer. You can also look at a yoga studio nearby, like SoYoga in the Hammocks area. It’s always fun to learn something new! 

5. Photo session around the city

Just like two of our favorite TV gal pals, Blair Waldorf and Serena Van derWoodsen, grab your best girls, some cute sundresses and take some pictures around the city! Miami is a beautiful place with ideal backgrounds for some nice photos of you and your girls! Take some with people you meet as you embark on this adventure or even make a scavenger hunt out of it and see who can take the most photos in different places.

Hope that you ladies take some of these ideas into consideration! Have a great summer! xo