This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Sorority recruitment is just about to begin. Meet Your Rho Gamma is on Thursday September 4th and just after that is Sorority 101- the start of rush. Basically, sorority recruitment comes down to first impressions due to the fact that lengthy conversations aren’t advisable because of the large number of recruits versus the number of sorority members. Many things come into play from body language to posture. However, one of the most crucial points is the outfits.

Recruitment is composed of two casual outfits on Sorority 101 and Philanthropy Day. The clothing recommended are jeans and a cute blouse or maybe a sundress with some awesome accessories. The point is that the inner you shines through and that you are comfortable being who you are. There is also one business casual attire on the third day, which is Sisterhood & Traditions. On this day, you may choose to wear a business skirt, pants or an appropriate dress and pair it with smart heels or flats. Lastly, cocktail attire is necessary for Preference Night.  Be it a black dress with colorful accessories or a dress in your favorite color. The point always will be for you to have fun and let your inner self show. Remember that you don’t necessarily have to break the bank to obtain these items nor must they be new since you could have them already. However, be sure to go dressed each day according to the code. It isn’t favorable to go under-dressed but neither is it to go over-dressed.

Have fun throughout the process and gain friends from your Rho sisters and Rho Gamma. Whether or not you are extended a bid, go along for the ride, you never know where you might end up. In the end, individually unique- together complete!