Samantha Hernandez: Best All-Around

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Roll out the red carpet, because this week’s Campus Celebrity is the beautiful and bright Samantha Hernandez. Miss Hernandez has made a huge impact to FIU and our Community. See for your self why Samantha Hernandez is 360 degrees of perfection:

Name: Samantha Hernandez

Age: 21

Hometown: Miramar, FL

Major: Marketing with two certificates in Professional Leadership & Sales and Customer Relationship Management   

Involvements: Current- Phi Mu President, Panther Camp Executive Board, Dance Marathon Morale Captain, Order of Omega Public Relations, and Order of the Torch. Past- Phi Mu Membership Director, Peer Advisor, Panther Camp Facilitator, Alternative Breaks, Dance Marathon Dancer, and Order of Omega President.

What are the footprints you have left on campus?

The footprints I have left on campus are the students that I have had the privilege of working with. Working with these students has been able to impact their lives as well as mine.

What are your future goals?

I hope to participate next year in the Disney College Program as a performer for the Festival of the Lion King. After the Disney college program, I want to work on my masters in Student Affairs. I one day hope to have a family and own a personal business.

Are there any obstacles that you are proud to have overcome?

Yes, being involved on campus can be difficult at times, but I have learned how to balance my academics as well as my extra curricular activities.

Fun facts about Miss Hernandez:

• Even after all her campus involvements, Samantha finds time do what she loves and dance! 
  • If you are ever trying to surprise Samantha with a great gift, let me inform you that she does love Disney.
  • Country music is something Miss Hernandez holds close to her heart.

Do you know someone who should be FIU’s next Campus Celebrity? Find out how here!