A Review: Settle For More by Megyn Kelly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

To all the avid readers out there, here is an article I am sure you will enjoy! There were so many must-reads that were released in 2016; however, the one chosen for our first ever Book of the Month is Settle For More by Megyn Kelly.

This book had received positive feedback since it was released, so I was thrilled when it was sitting under my tree on Christmas morning. For those who don’t know, Megyn Kelly was a former Fox News reporter. She left the network for NBC as of January sixth, and was a lawyer turned journalist. Kelly is best known for her former show on Fox News, The Kelly File.

I decided to write about this book because we are all well aware of the way that women carry themselves in 2017 . We want to be taken seriously at home, at school and in the workplace. Settle For More will take you through Megyn’s life and how she took every opportunity and set back and made something extraordinary out of it.

From two successful careers in male dominated fields to being a wife, mother, daughter and so much more, Megyn teaches us how you too can achieve greatness with humility, hard work and the mindset of knowing that you do not always have to be “perfect” to be successful. And if any of you love women’s empowerment books as much as I do, you already know that there are many writers who will stress the importance of a woman standing up for what she believes in, but there are very few who have done it. Megyn did.

There is nothing more refreshing than an author who leads by example and encourages her readers to do the same. This book is for all the go-getters who will enjoy a good read in-between classes, or to kick back and unwind after a major exam. Make sure you put your Amazon Prime to good use this week and purchase the book that will always remind you to settle for more.

2017 FIU Her Campus president