Recap On The Best (And Worst) Moments of The Golden Globes

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.
  1. Fashion On The Red Carpet: One of the best looks of the night coming from the men was (in my unprofessional opinion) Coleman Domingo in a smooth, black suit with pearl buttons and Barry Keoghan in that red wool evening jacket and trousers. Topped with the chain and pearl accessories, they definitely stood out from the crowd of penguins (aka men in tuxedoes). From the women, I LOVED Quinton Bronson’s hair and champagne-hued Balmain gown. Florence Pugh’s sheer red custom Valentino and Taylor Swift’s shimmery emerald dress were also stunning, but Angela Bassett’s black velvet Dolce & Gabbana gown just stole the show.
zendaya and sydney sweeney in corset dresses at the emmys 2022
Photo by Danny Moloshok/Invision for the Television Academy/AP Images

2. Missing Diamond: Apparently Keltie Knight lost a 4-carat, uninsured diamond that popped off her ring. This has to be one of the most random moments that didn’t get talked about enough. Almost gives me flashbacks to Kim in French Polynesian when she lost her diamond earring. But seeing how BIG the diamond is, it’s so hard to believe how she could lose it. That diamond’s probably out there somewhere sending people to the hospital with flash blindness.

3. Jo Koy: It’s been weeks and I still haven’t found the care to Google who he is, or why he was put to host the Golden Globes. Forget nerves and balming the writers, what makes you think sexist jokes about the Barbie were gonna get the crowd howling like hyenas? Had he even considered to, I don’t know, read what he was going to say? As if the laugh track was going to save him. Even better, his joke about the Golden Globes getting fewer camera shots of Taylor Swift compared to the NFL…listen. Everyone is blowing her reaction out of the water. The woman took a sip of her champagne and everyone was acting lack she was getting escorted out for strangling the guy. I will say while I had no idea how Joey’s comment was supposed to land as a joke, there is a lens I haven’t heard from many people. More specifically, how Joey’s joke could be seen as him saying Taylor’s not getting any attention unless she’s with a man…and that right there is just the equivalent of cow feces that comes out of men’s mouths.

4. Kylie Jenner, Timothee Chameleon, and Selena Gomez: In the same sentence, I know, super random and crazy. Almost as crazy as Kylie and Timothee being a couple…for some reason. But staying on track, everyone and their mom is going on and on about the camera shots of Selena gossiping to Taylor Swift, her mouth dropping. Lip readers on TikTok and Twitter were saying that Selena got rejected by Kylie to take a photo with Timothee. Apparently, Selena set the record straight saying that she was just telling Taylor which of her two friends were hooking up. Frankly, I don’t know what to believe, no matter how many videos I see of Kylie and Timothee canoodling.

I'm a writer at HerCampus and a student at FIU majoring in marketing. When I’m not writing, I'm catching up with the latest pop culture news or going through my TBR (to-be-read) list :)