This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The Heat is DEFINITELY on this season with the #R3TURN of Miami’s very own Dwyane Wade! It was rumored this past week that Wade could be making a return to the Miami Heat and a few days after that rumor was made, the trade from Cleveland to Miami was official. It’s safe to say that all of Miami, whether you watched basketball or not, was excited to see our MVP return. Various tweets and interviews were conducted with the famed athlete and it was revealed that he never stopped loving his home here in Miami. Lebron told official reporters that he would often catch Wade looking at Heat scores during games or practices, and he knew that Wade still had his heart with Miami. Wade has also told reporters that he plans on staying in Miami for the remainder of his career, until he officially “hangs it up.”  With the anticipation to see our very own number 3 back on the court, ticket sales went up in price and seats were borderline sold out. Signs were made and seen all over the arena welcoming Wade home to his esteemed Wade County, many fans wore their old number 3 jerseys that they took out of retirement and wore with pride, and the vibe in the arena was more than intense. The arena has never been so packed during the 1st quarter of a Heat game in a very long time. The second the players were being announced on court, the crowd went wild at the mention of Dwyane Wade in that famous voice from the commentator we all know and love. We finally saw Wade in the new Miami Vice themed jersey as he ran onto the court and the energy was high. Fans screamed and shouted with glee as he stood next to his teammates waiting for the game to officially begin. We saw the video he recorded for the Heat for his game play announcements that each player of the Heat has, and it was a surreal moment to see his name on the screen again after every other heat player. There was a moment in the arena, where he wasn’t playing yet, but the crowd began to scream “We want Wade, we want Wade” over and over. It actually happened a few times when he was off the court, and it was a moment Heat fans never thought would happen again after his trade to Chicago 2 years go. Seeing Wade on the court doing magic was far more than amazing, and fans ate every second of it up. We stood there in awe as he handed assist after assist, and point after point during that game. Scoring a 91 – 85 against the Bucks this past Friday, it was safe to say the Heat was on that night, and it was radiating all over Florida. Wade’s whole life is here, his family, his home, and his adoring fans. This was a welcome back for the century that Heat fans never knew they needed. The team has been doing well this season, and with the help of Wade, could be seen in the playoffs. It’s an exciting time for Miami, and we are all excited to see what happens for the remainder of this season. From the radiating energy in this arena, to the consistent thought out plays that were conducted amazingly, the season and future of this team looks bright. I’m very excited to continue attending games, and seeing Wade County come back to life.

source

Nicole is currently a senior at Florida International University studying English. She wants to become a full-time writer for a journalistic blog or company in the future, and hopes to publish a few novels along the way. Her truest of loves include Disney, Anime, music, her dogs, writing, and Harry Potter. She is a lover of makeup, and telling people's stories from their eyes and her experiences. She is currently a Beauty Advisor at Riley Rose part-time, and hopes to continue working alongside them in the future. You can follow her journey on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nicoli0o/ and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/nicoli0o_