element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A (not so) Hidden Gem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Are you a Floridian who has never seen snow but love the Christmas holiday?

When you live in Florida, you never get a white Christmas, but Santa’s Enchanted Forest lets you pretend that it is a snowy winter for a few hours. Open every year from November 2nd to January 7th and located at Tropical Park in Miami, Santa’s Enchanted Forest is the world’s largest holiday theme park, where thousands of people come to visit every year. You can take a virtual tour online, but it is definitely nothing compared to the sight of it in person.

The park has over 100 rides, shows, games and attractions. It also features South Florida’s tallest Christmas tree light show, millions of dazzling lights, hundreds of themed displays and of course Christmas music for all to enjoy. There is a long list of rides, from the Crazy Mouse to the Haunted Mansion, ready for all you thrill-seekers out there.  If rides aren’t your thing, there are 8 different shows with acrobats and magic. While the ‘Motorcycle Globe of Death’ ride is guaranteed to make your heart race (maybe not as much as when you see Santa during Santa’s Snowstorm), the shows are equally as exceptional so don’t leave without seeing one! 

So far this may sound like a normal theme park to you, but is completely transformed by the life size holiday displays, South Florida’s tallest Christmas tree and a breathtaking light show.  

This year is the park’s 35th anniversary, so definitely take a trip out and see it!

Cover Photo Credit