Movies to Watch this Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

A new year means new movies to look forward to catch in the theaters. Whether young or old these upcoming movies are sure to make a way into your heart or leave you out of breathe with laughter or even at the edge of your seat. Now everybody has different opinions on the top five movies to watch this upcoming year, but I am going to share the five I am most excited to watch this 2018 year and maybe you can agree with me.

Fifth on the top five list is Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again. I am a sucker for musicals and I feel like it’s original film is such a fan favorite, this one is sure to keep us on our toes with smiles and laughs and maybe a few tears along the way. With the aesthetic views of white walls and clear blue Greece water, we learn about young Donna during Sophie’s pregnancy.

Fourth on my list is A Wrinkle in Time. This film has caught me by surprise because there was much talk about it but I never saw anything other than its cover art until the commercial came out and the concept of the film really caught my attention and it definitely is a film to watch out for especially that many well names stars will be in this movie including Oprah Winfrey.

Third has to be Mary Poppins Returns. Now of course this film won’t be released until later in the year near the holiday season but it is one to look forward to. Now we grew up with Ms. Julie Andrews teaching us that a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down (has anyone ever really tried that), but now we get a new twist on a famous classic with the remembrance of a film that taught us to be thankful with moments we live.

Next on my list, the second spot goes to, Avengers: Infinity War. We get to see all our favorite Marvel super heroes work together to save the world. Now yes this has been going on forever, but who doesn’t like a good Marvel film. If you’ve seen the first few Marvel films or even just the Avengers series this is of course in you must watch because you will find yourself wondering what was shown at the end credits.

Finally number one on my list, Incredibles 2. We all have been 14 years for this second part to be released and the six year old inside us is so excited that we will probably push all current six year olds aside so we can fulfill the desire of watching our favorite incredible family back on the big screen.  

Now these films are just five of the many that will be released this year. What movie are you most excited to watch this year?

photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5