Lindsay Thompson-Music Festival Miami Ultra Lights Stage Concert Balloons Music Edm
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus

Miami Is Just Like The Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Being born and raised in Miami, I’ve probably heard of every song and watched every piece of film that takes place in the city that everyone loves to lose control in. When I was younger, I always found my hometown to be a little overrated and somewhat boring. Now that I’m in my college years and all the more wiser, I’ve grown to have a completely different perspective of the 305, and let me just tell you, you’ll be ending the weekend feeling like Miami is a fever dream. Miami deserves all the hype it receives and more, always living up to the reputation its built for itself. In the wise words of Will Smith, “Welcome to Miami!”

When you hear the word “Miami”, you’re probably thinking of clubbing on the beach from sunrise to sunset, drinks in hand with constant refills, your everyday attire being nothing but a swimsuit, and music blasting until you walk out with your ears ringing. Your thoughts become a reality in a place called South Beach. Notorious for the party scene right by the beach, prepare yourself to find some major chaos ensuing everywhere you look. The social scene is always thriving, so much so, you can pick up right where you left off after a quick break!

spring breakers?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
A24

Maybe the type of “Miami” I described isn’t you what you typically think of, but instead, its the kind of nightlife where you wear your finest fits, only dressing to impress, hit the clubs for the night, not coming back until the next morning, only to do all of it the next day! Some of Miami’s most popular clubs, such as E11EVEN (21+), Club Space (18+), and Liv (21+), are filled to the brim with partygoers alike, snatching those tickets real quick with the chance to experience what Miami is all about. If you’re lucky, you can see a celebrity here and there making their appearances, dancing the night away right there with you.

If you thought the life in Miami ended there, brace yourselves for what’s coming next. Along with the party scene and nightlife that comes with the city, don’t forget about the music festivals, concerts, and more that add in to the fun of it all. With Ultra Music Festival, Rolling Loud, and concerts of some of the most hottest artists, there’s music to feed everyone’s tastes, no matter the interests.

As much fun as it is to live it up all day, every day, don’t forget to save some room for wining and dining! Miami doesn’t just have the best nightlife, in my humble opinion, but the food scene goes unmatched. There’s a restaurant to feed every craving, but there’s no way that someone can leave Miami without visiting some of their staples. Komodo, Casa Tua, American Social, Carbone…the list goes on and on, but I can guarantee you will never be disappointed with the cuisine the city has to offer. I’m a huge sucker for savory, but you can’t forget about the sweets, as well. Salt & Straw, Fireman Derek’s Bake Shop, and The Salty Donut are just a few examples of places you can find some of the most mouth-watering desserts and delectable bites.

As you can see, the life never stops in Miami, always with things to do and people to see. I may not have appreciated this city a few years ago, but now, I can’t be any more grateful to live in one of the greatest places! I truly feel like Miami is just like the movies, and sometimes, it’s hard to believe I actually live here. Get the chance to experience a weekend for what it’s like, finding out why people love to act and sing about it. Miami holds such a special place in my heart, and if I can convince you guys to love it just as much as I do, then my job here is done.

Abrianna Hernandez is a Her Campus writer at her university chapter with a love for journalism, who covers topics on entertainment, beauty, fashion, and more. Abrianna is currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, but apart from focusing on her studies, she enjoys any and all things writing, taking the time creating articles in everything that she’s passionate about.