The Man Behind the Lens: Marvel Bishop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

You may have seen this week’s campus celebrity all over campus toting his camera snapping shots of fellow panthers all over campus. Read more about Marvel below!

Name: Marvel Bishop

Year: Senior

Major: Sports & Fitness

What do you love most about photography?

I love photography & Cinematography because I love to create. The connection you make with people is invaluable. The free reign you have to create and when your creation is complete, you become very proud because you did it. Not everyone can be an artist, and some people will kill to do what you do. It’s very humbling and very satisfying to me most importantly to create. My goal as an artist is to legacy and an impact on the world society that will last forever.

What is your FIU Portraits all about?

FIU Portraits is a personal project to capture FIU students around on campus. (If you would like to check out the project, check out my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/marvelbishop This project is made to showcase the vast diversity of people of color, culture, and personality that we have on campus. 

What are your plans after graduation?

After graduation, I will continue my businesses of photo & cinema and strive to become one of the best in the state of Florida. 

What advice would you give to underclassmen?

My advice to underclassmen is to stay focused and keep your eye on the prize. SEIZE EVERYDAY!!! Take advantage and milk all the opportunities that FIU gives you. Use your God given talents, elevate your experience, and in your way give back to the community. 

Ashley is a junior at Florida International University majoring in Journalism and minoring in Social Media & E-Marketing Analytics. Born and raised in Miami to Trinidadian parents, Ashley comes from a diverse background that cultivated her love for cultural diversity. She loves blogging, entertainment, music and travelling. Ashley aspires to become the editor-in-chief of her own online publication in the future. Check out Ashley's entertainment and lifestyle blog at www.callmemissandrews.com ! Follow her on twitter: @callmemsandrews and on Instagram: @callmemissandrews