Kourtney Kardashian Talks Setting Boundaries During Bustle Magazine Interview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Over the past year reality star and eldest sister of the Kardashian clan — Kourtney Kardashian, has made social media headlines all over the country as she not only promotes her healthy living brand and lifestyle, Poosh but also shares a thing or two about her relationship with former Blink-182 drummer — Travis Barker… AKA her fiancé!

Even though Kourtney does appreciate sharing a worthy instagram post with her followers, she has emphasized on and off Keeping up with the Kardashians that she values her privacy.

On a recent issue for Bustle Magazine the reality star and model confessed that towards the end of KUWTK, “it became a really toxic environment”, referring to the show. It appears that the Kardashian-Jenner sister’s had much more going on behind the scenes than fans could’ve imagined as Kourtney often felt that she was no longer shown as herself but almost as a character.

It was during that time that Kardashian found herself eagerly wanting to set boundaries. The Poosh CEO mentioned that she had discussion with the family about what was more important to them: sharing personal issues on camera or their happiness. The reality tv stars were able to find a common middle ground as they shared their last on screen moments of KUWTK in 2021. However, this is not the end for the Kardashian clan because when one door closes… another one opens.

Kardashians via Instagram

After filming part of the new Hulu series, Kardashian has expressed that in terms of work, she is happier than ever. Kardashian also reveals that her break off camera has allowed for her mind to shift in terms of Kourtney and her sisters relationship, adding that she thinks everyone is sort of on the same page as her now when it comes to how much of her life does she really want on social media.

Momager, Kris Jenner, pointed out during the Bustle interview that “everyone has their boundaries” — believing that everyone should accept what works best for Kourtney as opposed to becoming irritated with her personal preference(s). Certainly, Kardashian has mastered the art of balance between work and her daily life while the family has come to terms with understanding her [Kourtney’s] boundaries.

“She’s been happy. You can see it on her face and in the way she is and her laughter.”

– Kris Jenner

Kourtney Kardashian via Bustle Magazine
Samantha joined Her Campus in January 2022 and has continued as a writer. Based in Miami, Florida and is currently a Public Relations student at Florida International University. Favorite pastimes range from art and writing to music and traveling. Enjoys watching movies, going out, and watching sports games.