This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Kanye West has always been known for his uniqueness and opposition to societal norms. One of the aspects that defines Kanye is his ability to stand out from most. His love of President Trump is an example of how he is not afraid to carry his own opinion. Recently, while starring as a guest host on Saturday Night Live, West delivered a pro-Trump rant just as the show was ending and was therefore cutoff. Kanye West performed this rant in front of some SNL cast members such as Colin Jost and Adam driver as well as the live audience. Reports claim that wearing his red, “Make America Great Again,” hat, Kanye stated: “I wanna cry right now. Black men in America, you’re supposed to keep what you feel inside right now. And the liberals bully you and tell you what you can and cannot wear, where you and they can’t not stare. And they look at me and say, “It’s not fair. How the hell did you get here?” and continued on to state: “Actually, blacks weren’t always Democrats… It’s like a plan they did to take the fathers out the homes and promote welfare. Does anybody know about that? That’s the Democratic plan.” The coincidence of Kanye West delivering his speech just as SNL was cutoff has conservatives arguing it was a restriction on his right to free speech, claiming it was a liberal tactic to prevent him from expressing a pro-Trump attitude on their show. Others argue it was just a timing conflict.

Source: https://people.com/music/kanye-west-trump-speech-saturday-night-live/amp/