John Mayer’s EP- The Search For Everything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.
John Mayer has released his latest EP-The Search For Everything. His first release since 3 years ago.

…And we have all the feels

The Search For Everything-Wave One was released on Inauguration day. During the midst of national protests, Mayer’s melodic,soulful tunes are gracing everyones ears. The EP includes “Love On the Weekend” which was released last year as a single. Also Included is “Moving On and Getting Over” (my personal favorite), “Changing”, and “You’re Gonna Live Forever in Me”.

“Wave One’ refers to the EP’s first wave or release, of many songs over the year. Once a month, More songs will be released to complete the album in it’s entirety. 

From his twitter:

My heart’s racing. These songs represent literally hundreds of hours of living inside of these little worlds. And more to come.

— John Mayer (@JohnMayer) January 20, 2017

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, John Mayer describes his hours of relentless work and origins of his new release. He admits “This is the longest I’ve gone in the incubation process of a record”. He describes how “Moving On and Getting Over” is a song inspired by a break up. He continues to say, “If I’d had to finish this song a year ago, it wouldn’t have this ending. This ending is me coming back to it two years later and going, ‘I’ve moved on, so it gets a happy ending.'”

You can see the full interview here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/john-mayer-details-origin-inspira…

I'm currently an Art History Major at FIU with a Minor in French. I live in North Miami. I love to hang out with my family, go to the beach, work hard and play harder. I love life and making people happy.