Ideal Homecoming Tailgate Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Today, our FIU Golden Panthers take on the Marshall Thundering Herd in our homecoming football game! Of course, we colliegiettes want to support our school in style this weekend. Here are a few items that are essential to putting together the perfect tailgate and game outfit!

• Combat Boots

There’s no surprise that Miami’s weather can be a bit… unpredictable. Combat boots are great for tailgates and game days due to its durable leather material. The material of the combat boots prevents dirt and other icky things you might find in the park from sticking onto your feet. They are great to prance around at the tailgate and stomp in the cage, without warring down your feet. Whether it rains or shines, these stylish yet durable shoes will keep you comfortable all day long.

• Body Paint

Body paint is great for adding an extra spark to your panther pride. Body paint colors of gold and blue will go perfect with any game day outfit you choose to wear! The paint can go across your cheeks in true “football” style or be used to write ‘FIU’ all across your body!

• FIU Shirts

You can’t go to a FIU Homecoming Football game without FIU paraphernalia, can you?! FIU football jerseys, tank tops or hoodies are great for showing school spirit. Find a comfortable jersey to sport all day long that will keep you cool in Miami’s hot sun.

• Leggings

Although most colliegietes like to sport shorts to tailgates and game days, leggings are also a great option for a cute and comfortable bottom! Leggings perfectly hug all your curves and are the most comfortable bottoms ever. I don’t know about you, but I hate sitting in the grass with shorts on and itching all over. Leggings cover your legs from the itch of grass and also the humid rain!

Come out and support your FIU Panthers in style this Saturday, October 18 at our Homecoming Football Game! GO PANTHERS!

Ashley is a junior at Florida International University majoring in Journalism and minoring in Social Media & E-Marketing Analytics. Born and raised in Miami to Trinidadian parents, Ashley comes from a diverse background that cultivated her love for cultural diversity. She loves blogging, entertainment, music and travelling. Ashley aspires to become the editor-in-chief of her own online publication in the future. Check out Ashley's entertainment and lifestyle blog at www.callmemissandrews.com ! Follow her on twitter: @callmemsandrews and on Instagram: @callmemissandrews