Life > Academics

How You Can Overcome Fears In College

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Everybody says old habits die hard, but what about fears, do those die at all? Stepping into a new environment is always scary. This can be even scarier when you have to keep up with a lot of factors and it’s dependent on your future. Overcoming anything is always achieved by taking calculated risks. The first step to overcoming any fear is embracing the unknown. Think about your future and what you want it to look like. Depending on what you want, try to find clubs or organizations that can help you reach these goals. Joining a new club can open you up to new opportunities and connections you wouldn’t have had otherwise! Doing this will help you break the ice get you out there and help you get better at communication making connections, etc. As for keeping up with assignments and projects, it is absolutely important to keep organized and make an efficient schedule. Always seek help when needed. Asking for help can be hard for some people, including myself but, it’s important to do this when necessary. As you navigate the labyrinth of college fears, be bold, embrace the unknown, find your people, express yourself, and confront academic anxieties with determination. College is not just about knowledge; it’s a journey of self-discovery and personal growth. So, conquer your college fears with determination and no regrets!

Joanna Llorens assumes the role of a dedicated writer for the Her Campus FIU chapter. Within this dynamic platform, she delves into various topics, showcasing her prowess in journalism. As a journalism major, Joanna brings a fresh perspective to the table, covering a wide array of subjects that captivate the interest of her peers. She loves to cover style and fashion topics. This dedication to journalism is reflected not only in her contributions to Her Campus but also in her academic achievements and involvement in extracurricular activities related to her field of study. Outside of Her Campus, Joanna enjoys painting and sewing. She loves all things paranormal and loves listening to true crime podcasts. She is passionate about reading and writing and is proud to be a part of Her Campus.