This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Reality dating shows such as Love is Blind and The Bachelor are really bringing people together this season. Let me break it down, as someone who’s been watching The Bachelor Since season 27 (not that long ago, but still) I’ve never seen such uproar for a Bachelor season like this. On Tiktok, local university Bars are hosting screening nights where huge audiences gather to watch every Monday, fans are posting their own Bachelor edits, and people are rooting for and defending their favorite contestants as if they are defending the Avengers. On Instagram, comment sections under posts for the show are looking like Socratic seminars.

The New Bachelor, Joey Graziadei, is a huge hit with the younger demographic, this is evident in the shows 3.5 average live viewership according to Variety. It’s always in the top 10 most viewed shows on Hulu the day after it starts streaming to platforms. It’s been amazing seeing a wave of new fans come in for this new season and discussing it with other fans.

#Team Maria

@killlee

SPOILERRRRE‼️‼️ who does sydney reminds us of #thebachelor

♬ Never Lose Me – Flo Milli

On to this season of Love is Blind. I’ve been watching since season one and I can tell you that there is a rise in viewers every season, but season six was so drama filled that there was a pure uproar on Tiktok

Fans are speaking up about locations that are mentioned on the show, defending contestants, and determining if Chelsea really looks like Megan Fox (I personally think she kinda does). 

Fans are acting like super sleuths to see who really got married and who did not.

bliss and zack get married on love is blind
Netflix

Thanks to these shows, for the first time in a long time it feels like the internet has a sense of unity whenever a new episode of either one of these shows is released. Fans are watching with their roommates, partners, and families, and it’s just a good time for all those involved.

Kelsey is a pop culture, style and life writer for Her Campus. She covers multiple topics pertaining to current events in culture such as celebrity news and trends as well as lifestyle trends that are constantly trending online on Tiktok, Instagram, and Twitter. She hopes to be a writer for a fashion magazine eventually or a bestselling author. Culture is her main topic of choice because Kelsey Loves to stay current on all the latest trends. Kelsey is currently a senior at the Florida International University working towards her Bachelor's degree in communication focusing on the Organizational Communication track. In her free time Kelsey likes to spend endless hours on Pinterest creating the perfect mood boards for all of the different scenarios she creates in her head, Go thrift shopping based off of her everchanging wardrobe and personal style, hang out with friends and family, going to the movies theaters to watch the latest blockbuster, Spend her money at Tjmaxx, and watch her favorite guilty pleasure reality tv shows The Bachelorette and The Bachelor she may hate to admit that she watches it, but ask her who got sent home last week and she'll answer you before you even finish asking her.