How to Prepare to Return to School after Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Having a hard time adjusting to school after a week of freedom? You’ll need to try to follow these steps then. You may get into trouble if you don’t. School is rarely something we enjoy, but being prepared can make it that much easier.

• Step 1: Make sure that all homework assigned over the break is completed.

Look reasonably at the amount you have, and don’t save it till the last minute. The last thing you’ll want to have to do is finish work on top of your regular schoolwork – so get it done early. This includes reading. If you read your books earlier in the break, search Cliff Notes to jog your memory.

• Step 2: Pack up your book bag the night before, and lunch if needed.

Make sure you’ve packed everything. You wouldn’t want to walk into a big math placement test on the first day, only to find that you have forgotten your calculator!

Be ready to answer questions intelligently. Try not to lose focus. Act as behaved and polite as possible.

• Step 4: Get a good night’s rest.

You don’t want to be falling asleep during class on the first day back – it’ll set a bad impression with your teachers. Try to get to bed as early as possible whenever you can, and when you can’t, take naps during the day and go to bed earlier the next day.

• Step 5: Just let it happen naturally. 

Over time, school will fall back in place, and your schedule will right itself.

Gabriela Millan is a Freshman at Florida International University studying Business Administration. She hopes to attend law school in New York City and graduate with a MBA and JD. Although she is still only beginning her collegiate journey, Gabriela believes it is important to be very involved on and off campus. She is an intern for the Student Government Association and a member of a Panhellenic organization.