With so many up and coming bloggers taking social media by the storm, you can see how social media has become a huge networking platform.
Instagram is a great way to get connected with the world and showcase what you have to offer. You can start using Instagram as a personal blog, whether it’s for food, lifestyle or fashion, the options are endless.
We all know that blogging can take up a lot of time and if you are not committed to it there are chances your blog will not reach enough views. There is no need to freak out! If you’re a college student wanting to up your IG game but you don’t have all the time in the world to invest into your feed, these next few steps might be useful for you.
- Make your account public.
- Whether you’re creating a new Instagram account or using your personal account, reduce the amount of personal post. Now that your account is public, you don’t want random people knowing everything about your private life. The less they know the better.
- Make it a business account. Making your Instagram a business account will reach more people and will give you insights on all your post. It’s a great way to keep track of followers.
- Self-promote, create a short social media bio. Be specific, highlight the purpose of the account and be yourself.
- Pictures are the most important part of your Instagram, make sure to take pictures with a good quality camera. Your iPhone works great, too
- Filters! there are millions of editing apps you can use on your phone to edit your photos. Use apps like Facetune and VSCO to help you stay up to date with editing. Make sure to use the same edit in every post, it will make your Instagram look more cohesive.
7. Format. Before you post on Instagram, you should see which picture should be next in order to make sure your feed is cohesive. A great app you can use is UNUM, this app allows you to lay your photos before posting in the same grid Instagram format.
8. If your college life is keeping you busy and you don’t have time to take pictures of yourself, use filler photos. Fillers are a great way to showcase things other than yourself and it gives your Instagram more versatility.
9. Tagging the brands or companies in your posts is very important. This can help you connect with brands and potentially achieve sponsorship and free giveaways.
10. Connecting with your followers is a great way to keep an active follower base, interact with them and show love on their feed as well.
11. Get familiar with what times are best to post. An app you can use called Tailwind which shows you the exact times to post and how many times per day.
12. Hashtags are crucial to get your posts noticed by a wider audience.
This might seem like a lot of work but if you are passionate and excited about taking on a potential blogging career, Instagram is your first step. You don’t have to be a blogger to use these tips, they can step up your Instagram game and give you a more intriguing feed.
Instagram is a platform for networking, use it to your advantage and have fun with it. Get creative and kill that Insta game!
Follow my Instagram & see the progress I have made, @Josie.Mar
All photos come from Instagram.