How Eating Better Can Help You Feel Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Recently, I started actually being disciplined about my eating habits throughout the day. I used to become so busy with work that I would just skip lunch and wish dinner was sooner than it actually was. I ended up feeling more tired and less energized. I promised myself that I would make it a point to eat more consistently during the day, and to eat right. Here’s what I found changed:

1. I was less sleepy, and more productive. I felt like I could complete 10 more assignments than normal just by eating a full lunch.

2. My tummy wasn’t growling, and I didn’t have those cravings for food that so easily affected my daily routine.

3. I was able to concentrate much easier and find the energy to complete tasks I may have not been able to before!

Definitely eating a good meal, whether it’s rice and beans or just a heart sandwich in the middle of the day, adds so much more to your body than you think! You perform better and ultimately feel better throughout the day. No matter how busy you are, I encourage you to make lunch a definite priority, as your body needs that to sustain you throughout your busy day.

Xoxo,

Bri

Cover Photo Source