sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Guide To: College Discounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

As I’m sure many of you know, college tuition is no joke. Luckily, there are places and programs that understand the struggle and provide students with cheaper rates for their services and products. 

If you’re looking for ways to get discounts or save money on the things you love, look no further, we got you.

Food

• Chipotle (Go ahead and flash them your student ID, because guac is extra!)
  • Chick-fil-A
  • Subway
  • Dunkin Donuts
  • Buffalo Wild Wings

Retail

• Best Buy: Best Buy’s Student Deals have saved my life on stressful occasions where my laptop shut down while writing a final paper and I had to purchase a new one the same day. They send emails with coupons on every department at Best Buy and you won’t be disappointed. 
  • Unidays: A true MVP. Signing up on Unidays with a verified student email allows you to receive emails with individually tailored discount codes to all your favorite stores/items. Some of the ones I’ve seen include Urban Outfitters, Raybans, Apple, Under Armour, Urban Decay, and many more. 
  • Amazon: All hail Amazon Prime for students. You can begin with a free 6 month trial that includes free two day shipping (insane!), unlimited streaming, photos, books, and music. If you choose to extend your Prime account, it’ll be $49/year until you graduate, which is worth it for 2 day free shipping costs.
  • H&M, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, J.Crew, and Limited: 15% off with proof of your student ID

FIU Specific discounts

• Download Microsoft Office for free with your student log in info at shoputs.fiu.edu
  • Free Digital Access to the New York Times
  • Live on campus? Enjoy free HBO GO when you select Florida International University after signing in to their website 

Miscellaneous 

• Car insurance companies like AllState, State Farm, and Geico give you lower rates for verifying you’re a student.
  • Interested in Photoshop or other Adobe programs? Sign up with your student email and receive them for as little as $19.99/month. (depending on the programs)
  • AMC Theaters give students a cheaper admission rate with proof of a student ID.
  • Perez Art Museum and Patricia and Philip Frost Museum offer discount rates for admission with proof of a student ID.

Cover Picture Credit:http://www.freepik.com/free-photo/modern-excited-crowd-center-abstract_1…