Big 3 Astrology?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Big 3 Astrology?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

Give Astrology a Chance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

When you learn more about it, astrology can be a fascinating topic, which many believe can offer insights into many areas of life. But many on social media are quick to shame people, especially women, for believing in astrology.

Astrology may not be a defined science, but it can be definitely fun to learn more about it. Most people only know about their sun sign, this is the sign that is based on the day you were born. This is pretty broad, many people look at this sign and are quick to judge if they relate to it or not.

Before we get more into depth, a few basics first, there are four elements: earth, water, fire, air. The earth signs are Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo. Earth signs are described to be grounded, loyal, and stable. The water signs are Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces; they are said to be caring, emotional, and sensitive. Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius are the fire signs; the traits associated with these signs are that they are high-energy, action-oriented, and impulsive. Lastly, air signs include Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius, these signs are said to be analytical, sociable, and witty.

Another placement that is important to look at is your moon sign. The moon sign is the sign that your moon was in at the time of your birth. Your moon sign is said to represent your emotions and your emotional side. So as you can imagine, a person with a fire moon may feel more emotionally aggressive, while a person with an earth-moon maybe be more stable and reserved.

Your rising sign is also important. Your rising sign or ascendant is the sign that was rising on the Eastern horizon when you were born. It marks your appearance, and overall the first thing someone notices about you.

Your sun, moon, and rising sign make up your “big three.” There are definitely more placements that make up your whole birth chart but these three are a start. If you want to learn more, you have to first find out your birth date, time, and location. Also, find some youtube videos on astrology because it definitely gets complicated!

Angel is a junior majoring in Political Science at Florida International University. After she graduates, she hopes to attend law school, later practicing criminal law. She enjoys politics, astrology, and the most random Netflix shows.