Forgotten Packing Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I know my least favorite part about traveling is all the packing that’s involved before the actual trip. I find myself constantly asking, am I packing too much, am I packing too little, am I forgetting something? It’s always items that I don’t remember to pack that I’ll end up needing when I realize they would have come in handy at one point or another.

With summer coming up and the potential of us traveling, here are some things you might not remember to pack with hundreds of other things that might be on your mind:

• Don’t forget to pack a portable charger! I can’t explain how many times I’ve traveled, I’m in the middle of a city that I’m not used to with low battery, and I have to find someplace to charge my phone. Or, even worse, you’re in a foreign city with different outlets than the ones we use in the U.S. A portable charger would solve all your problems in these circumstances.
  • The worst thing would be to get sick during a long trip away from home. Always pack disinfecting wipes or hand sanitizer to use when on the go.
  • Over the counter medicine would definitely come in handy if you have a random headache or stomach problems. The last thing you want is to be miserable on a vacation you’ve planned for forever.
  • Especially while in the airport, don’t forget your headphones! Catch up on your Netflix shows or drown out noise with music to make the time go by faster.

These are just a few things that I’ve forgotten in the past and wished I had them in the moment. Hope this helps! Happy soon to be summer traveling!