The Feelings of the Return

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

We are back! And we have mixed feelings about it, because even though it has only been a few weeks since we started school again we already have more emotions going on than we could manage to evoke in the last four months.  

We are ready for today. No, really, we are. We woke up extra early to look extra perfect and be on time. But it only took us turning into the school to notice we should have left home an hour earlier if we expected to find a parking spot before class started. #nightmare

If there was anything that made us wake up and go through the FIU traffic this week was the hopeful reminder that being back to school also meant we were back to our exclusive Pollo diet. But Pollo Tropical doesn’t look as tasty anymore from the back of the line.

We finally started taking some courses related to our major, but why does every class syllabus say that we need 15+ hours of study a week to pass the course? How do I add up my party and sleep time to that equation?

But, somehow, you are okay with that because you can always use it as an excuse to ask that cutie behind you in class for a study date. Who needs sleep when you can stare at him for a whole hour?

Everything is not terrible. Not when there’s a new building opening on campus with the name M.A.N.G.O and its own Starbucks, Taco Bell and Panda Express.

Also, for once, all of your friends are back in town at the same time since school ended in May. The only tough decision at the moment is figuring out who’s buying the drinks.

And, hey, we did get a pretty good Welcome Back, so enjoy !

Nathalie Fleitas is a marketing major and an English minor at Florida International University. She a words' enthusiast, a bookworm, and she gets overly attached with fictional characters. She likes making up stories about anything that she can imagine and later write it on paper. But overall, she hopes she can one day write something that will inspire millions of people.