Effortless Fall Semester Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Being a college student, you know the struggle of waking up everyday for class and wanting to look cute but ending up wearing whatever, just because you’re in a rush. Well I am here to show you four possible outfit ideas that can make your getting ready routine easier. Whether you’re the laid back, girly, athletic or trendy type, there is an outfit for you. Each one has its own twist but don’t be afraid to make each outfit your own! 

Outfit number one: Perfect for the laid back girl, I kept it simple with a plain white t-shirt and denim skirt which is right on trend. It’s a little twist from the basic American uniform, which consists of the white t-shirt and jeans. The white converse just add to the casual vibe and the accessories are kept to a minimum with a simple silver bracelet. If you’re not a fan of the skirt, you can just trade it in for some denim shorts and still get the same effect!

Outfit number two: For all my girly girls, there is nothing easier than putting on a dress for the day. You do not have to worry about matching your top and bottom, you can just slip on your dress and be out the door. I opted for this simple denim button down dress, following the fall denim trend. Since the dress is so simple, I paired it with two bracelets that matched the tone of the dress. Don’t be afraid to accessorize a little, especially if its a simple outfit. Accessories can make it go a long way. 

Outfit number three: Sometimes it’s a t-shirt and leggings day, but that does not mean that you cannot dress it up. To make this outfit stand out a little more, I paired the t-shirt with a bralette that peeks out a little. Even though leggings are usually paired with sneakers, I decided to change it up a bit and incorporate some pattern with my cheetah print espadrilles. These little additions make the outfit look more unique. This way you’ll look cute and feel comfortable!

Outfit number four: It’s no surprise that the off the shoulder style has been seen everywhere! It is a trend that can easily be brought into campus. I paired my top with denim shorts, but if you don’t feel like shaving (admit it, you’ve stopped yourself from wearing shorts or skirts just to avoid the hassle of shaving) or have a cold class, you can also just pair an off the shoulder blouse with any jeans of your liking. 

No matter what your style is, I hope that you wear your outfit with confidence and that you were able to get some inspiration, best of luck!