This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Whether it’s for health reasons or just following the trend, it seems that more and more people are open to trying different dairy-free foods! I have been lactose-intolerant my whole life, and although it’s hard to dodge cheese and milk, there are so many other healthy dairy-free alternatives! Not only can a dairy-free diet be very easy to follow but also super beneficial towards your health. My mom and I love looking for different recipes to make, so I thought about sharing a few easy ones with you.

Vegan Macaroni & Cheese:

What you will Need:

8 ounce of Elbow Macaroni   

2/3 cup of rice bran oil

2 cups of  unsweetened soy milk/ or almond milk

1 cup of nutritional yeast

4 cloves of garlic

2 teaspoons of Mustard

1 teaspoon of paprika

Directions:

Make sure to preheat your oven for 375 degrees F. While it is preheating, boil the elbow macaroni in a pot for about 8 minutes. Once you drain it, put the macaroni in a bowl where you will begin to mix the other ingredients in it. First add one tablespoon of rice bran oil. While that is in the pot, make sure to blend the rest of the bran oil, soy or almond milk, nutritional yeast, garlic, mustard, and paprika. Blend it all until it has a creamy texture. Once the cream is prepared then you finally mix it with the macaroni, and cover it with aluminum foil and bake it for about 20 minutes until the center bubbles. After the 20 minutes you will be able to sit down with a delicious healthy meal.

Paleo Coconut Flour Pancakes:

What you will need:

¼ cup and 2 tablespoons of Coconut Flour

½ cup and two table spoons of Unsweetened Almond milk

Coconut Milk  Blend

2 Table spoons of baking powder

4 Eggs

2 Honey

1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil

Directions:

The first step is to heat just a teaspoon of coconut oil to medium/ low heat. Then in another bowl mix the four eggs with milk, honey, coconut flour, and baking powder. Do this until the batter is completely thick. Once it is thick pour some of the substance on a skillet and cook each side of one pancake for four minutes. That makes for a healthy and delicious breakfast!

Recipe Credit: https://fitfoodiefinds.com/paleo-coconut-flour-pancakes//

Chocomole Pudding:

What You Will Need:

16 medjool dates

3 ripes avocados

1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

¼ cup maple syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

First you have to soak the dates in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes until they are completely soft. Then you can drain them. Then you can pour all of the ingredients into a food processor until it is completely creamy. Made for a creamy and delicious desert.

Recipe credit:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/251076/chocomole-pudding/