This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Social media allows people to comment on their opinions, regardless if they know someone or not. Celebrities receive hundreds of daily opinions and comments about their lives and how to live it.

Dwyane Wade, retired Miami Heat basketball player, has always been quite open about his family. On the rare occasion, Wade will share pictures on his social media and even create, an Instagram for his baby daughter, Kaavia James Union Wade, alongside his wife and actress Gabrielle Union. 

During Thanksgiving, Gabrielle Union shared a family picture portraying her husband, Kaavia and their other son Zion. Zion was wearing fake nails and a crop top, to which some people decided to comment and judge. Dwyane Wade called out those trolls for mocking his 12-year old son. 

This wasn’t the first time that trolls came after the Wade family. Last year, the family including Zion attended the Miami Pride parade, leading to people commenting on Union’s and Wade’s parenting skills. 

Dwyane Wade went onto social media after the Thanksgiving picture stating, “I’ve seen some post-thanksgiving hate on social about my family photo. Stupidity is apart of this world we live in—so I get it. But here’s the thing – I’ve been chosen to lead my family not y’all. So we will continue to be us and support each other with pride, love & a smile!”

Zaire Wade, the oldest son also took onto social media to defend his little brother. Zaire Wade posted a picture of him and Zion captioning it “We didn’t ask for y’all opinion,” and tagging the locations as “Family First”.

Hi loves! My name is Juanita Cardona, I am a sophomore at FIU majoring in Public Relations, Advertising & Applied Communications (PRAAC). I was born in Colombia and have a passion for traveling. I love experiencing new cultures, especially their food. Off of that Im a big foodie and love to try out new places to eat, but my favorite food is definitely sushi. I enjoy writing on women's issues and being a voice for the minorities. I hope to continue to write and grow as a writer in general.