Dunkin’ Donuts becomes just Dunkin’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Just recently, Dunkin’ Donuts announced that they will be removing ‘Donuts’ from their name and become just Dunkin’. This shocking announcement gave many people flashbacks to all of the iHob chaos. Not to worry though, there won’t be any drastic changes such as serving burgers and hot dogs coming to Dunkin’ anytime soon. The change of name will officially be happening in January of 2019, however, the first Dunkin’ to drop donuts from it’s name actually first happened in 2017 in Massachusetts and slowly began rolling out to many more Boston-area locations. The franchise believes this has been a long time coming, due to their tagline “America Runs on Dunkin”, that was established in 2006. The only real change that will be happening to Dunkin’ will be the name (obviously), and the logos that appear on the stores and paper products such as cups, napkins, and bags. The new Dunkin’ will be more focused a drink based menu, due to drinks making up 60% of their sales right now. Don’t worry though, Dunkin’ will still have donuts and select sandwiches on the menu. Chief Marketing Officer Tony Weisman stated “while donuts may no longer appear in our logo, we remain committed to serving our signature donuts and will continue to offer new and seasonal varieties to delight our donut lovers everywhere. There is no Dunkin’ without donuts!” While many customers are still angry about this name change, the Dunkin’ franchise is looking forward to this change and will continue to strive to make customers happy while doing what they do best, coffee and donuts! 

My name is Lindzey Felzer. I am from South Florida and I have lived here my entire life. While attending Florida International University I am studying psychology on the pre-med track to become a physical therapist. Some things I enjoy doing during my free time include hanging out with friends and family, taking trips to the beach, and going to the dog park. Happy Reading!!