This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The Little Mermaid

1. First look of Halle Bailey as Ariel in a teaser trailer. Since the release, there have been reaction videos of young Black girls reacting to a Disney princess who looks like them. As if the teaser trailer didn’t make me cry hard enough.

Wish

1. As an homage to the company’s legacy, Wish centers on a story about wishing upon a star. Our main character Asha “is driven, incredibly smart, and an optimist with a sharp wit. She sees darkness in the kingdom that nobody else sees and must find a way to help the people she loves.” When she wishes for guidance in bringing light to the darkness an actual star, in the form of a companion, appears before her.

Inside Out 2

1. Yep, we’re getting a sequel and Riley’s going to be a teenager with new emotions. 

Elio

4. A young boy becomes Earth’s ambassador to the United Nations of Aliens in Elio, a new sci-fi film from Pixar. Ultimately, he must prove that being yourself is the best part of being human. Yonas Kibreab plays Elio in the film, which comes out in Spring 2024.

I'm a writer at HerCampus and a student at FIU majoring in marketing. When I’m not writing, I'm catching up with the latest pop culture news or going through my TBR (to-be-read) list :)