This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Miami is the place to be for a variety of Latin cultures, some of the hottest beach spots, and where you can get the best Brazilian Butt Lift. It’s no surprise that the 305 is filled with endless opportunities when it comes to enhancing your appearance. Men and women are going buts with latest trend of facial fillers (thanks Kylie Jenner) and with all the natural-looking results being posted on social media, it’s hard not to be curious. 

But as always, with the latest trends emerging, so do the haters. While I think it’s totally acceptable to change your appearance if YOU want to, unfortunately there are some people who don’t care what you want for yourself and just say to accept your flaws and insecurities. That’s fine too, don’t get me wrong; but what’s the problem in trying to just enhance your beauty by going under the knife or needle?

There is none. It is your body, therefore, it is your business. Nobody else’s. For me, I’ve never liked my nose or the size of my lips. And now with the latest trends of having a “non-surgical nose job”, meaning you can get temporary fillers that reshape the size of your nose, I say why not? Why not be curious and diminish the insecurities? There’s no shame in wanting to enhance yourself for the benefit of your happiness. Do you and only you. 

Cristina is currently a Junior at Florida International University, co-Director of Morale for Roarthon, and a Staff Writer for Her Campus! Although she is on the physical therapy track, her love for writing stemmed at a young age when writing imaginative stories for fun and is so excited to embark on this creative writing adventure. Aside from her studies, Cristina has been dancing since she was 3 and performed on Broadway in the Summer of 2016 for an Autism Speaks Benefit Concert! She loves anything NYC related, spicy ramen soup, and is obsessed with dogs. Stay tuned for more articles! xoxo