Career > Her20s

Carpe Diem: How to Live Your Best Life in Your 20s as a College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

What is living life to the fullest to you? How are your plans going?
Your twenties are a golden age for self-discovery and personal growth. You need to accept uncertainty, take risks, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly enjoy every moment. Especially as a student, we can get caught up a lot on homework, stress, exams, work, and more that we tend to forget to enjoy the little things in life.

Here are some ways to make the most out of life in this period of time:

Learn How To Balance: Even though academic success is important, don’t neglect your personal well-being. Balance your studies, social life, and self-care. Exercise, get enough sleep, and feed your body well to prioritize your mental and physical health and avoid bottling your emotions.

Maintain an Open Mind: Especially in a diverse university such as FIU, it’s important to accept variety and different points of view. Engage in conversations that challenge your beliefs and broaden your worldview. Try new things from other cultures and really learn about them, you will notice a difference in experimenting with new things.

Self-Discovery: College is more than just lectures and exams; it is a chance to explore your passions and interests. Try new and different things by joining activities, clubs, seminars, and travel to get to know more about yourself and what you would like to specialize in your academic career. This is the perfect time to experiment and where opportunities are really accessible.

Try, fail, laugh, cry, succeed, forget, find courage, make mistakes, make memories, and make sure you enjoy every little moment even the bad ones. Embracing all aspects of life will only make you a more positive person and really be present and remember….”Everything happens for a reason.” You will see that everything in life falls into place. Life isn’t just about the destination.

Stephanie Almonte is a 20-year-old senior transfer student from the Dominican Republic and writer at Her Campus at FIU. While also being part of Her Campus, Stephanie works as a Social media manager for a technology company and in her free time, Stephanie loves to create content for her YouTube channel. She is currently a senior studying BBA doing a double major in Marketing and International Business. Stephanie loves working out, listening to music, creating content and traveling! She loves Taylor Swift and has an obsession with Formula 1 and Grey’s Anatomy.