Build a Bear Pit Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Everyone is excited for one of the most anticipated events for the week, and no I’m not talking about Valentine’s Day, this celebration is much greater! It’s SPC’s annual Build a Bear Event. If you don’t already know, on Thursday, February 12 you can create your very own plush animal complete with a certificate of authenticity and SPC shirt! The event will be held in the GC pit from 11pm until supplies last. That means bring your comfiest shoes on Thursday because those lines can get long so get there early! It’s all worth it in the end though when you get to go home with a fluffy bear or maybe even another animal of your choice.

This event has been a tradition for the about 5 years. According to general member Claudia Yaranga, “It’s a fun event! They have a lot of cute animals and the best part is that it’s free!”

Here are some pictures from last year’s event: 

Natalie is currently a Sophomore at FIU studying Journalism with a Minor in Marketing. As a young girl she always knew she wanted to be a writer and she continues to pursue those dreams at FIU. On her spare time she is very involved on campus in several organizations as well as an internship with FIU's Athletics Department. Her professional goals are to become a staff writer or anchor woman and her life goals are to make a difference in people's lives.