5 THINGS EVERY COLLEGE STUDENT MUST DO BEFORE GRADUATING

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Up until now, everything you’ve ever done has been under the guidance of your parents. College is a rite of passage! This is the first time in most students’ lives where they are able to be on their own and make independent decisions. While college must be taken seriously as it is the basis of your career’s future, every student is entitled to make mistakes and live their lives to the fullest! It’s important to learn from experiences as they build people to be stronger and wiser. These are the 5 things everyone MUST experience in college before graduating:

GO TO A TAILGATE: You might not be the biggest sports fan or you might not even understand how sports work. However, nothing beats the feeling of being surrounded by hundreds of people that all share a common love: your school! Pull out your cutest school t-shirt, crop it, and wear it at your next tailgate!

Cheering Games Stand_Bleachers
Yash Tulsiani / Spoon

GO TO A FRAT PARTY: Frat parties are not for everyone, but everyone should go to one at least once throughout their college career! It’s a great way to meet new people and have fun with all your friends. 

JOIN A CLUB: It might be awhile before you actually feel accustomed to your school. Once you get the hang of it, you MUST join a club! It doesn’t matter what it is, as long as it is something you love! There are clubs for almost anything in college; it will help you network, meet people who share the same interests as you, and it looks great on your resume!

Kayla Bacon-Team Building 2
Kayla Bacon / Her Campus

GO ON A DATE: Don’t interpret this wrong, dating is not everything! Having a significant other can bring lots of stress, turmoil, and more. Yet, the hardships you may experience in a relationship allow you to grow and learn what you really want! Chances are it won’t work out with the first person you go on a date with. It might not even work out with the 50th person you date. Putting yourself out there and being open to getting to know new people will allow you to learn what you really deserve in a relationship.

GO ON A TRIP FOR SPRING BREAK WITH FRIENDS: Traveling is not just about visiting a cool destination. It’s about the memories you make along the way, the people that are sharing the adventure with you, and how it becomes an escape from the pressures of reality. Once you graduate, time becomes crammed between work and responsibilties. Who knows when you’ll be able to have the opportunity to travel, so you MUST take advantage and visit the world now. Spring Break is a great opportunity as there are college students all around doing the exact same thing! 

spring break
Sergio souza- unsplash

While the college bucket list goes on and on, you must DEFINITELY try all of these once throughout your years of college!

Natalia Pineiro is a blogger, social media manager, and college student at Florida International University. Born and raised in Miami, Natalia has always adored how she was able to make longlasting friendships and connections with people from all over the world. South Florida is an extremely culturally diverse environment that makes it one of the most unique places in the world and Natalia couldn't be more proud of it. The passion she has for meeting people of different cultures has pushed her to travel to many destinations to explore new languages, food, and more! She loves sharing her experiences through blog posts, video editing, photography, and more!