This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Disclaimer: please be advised that this article is opinion based and are in no way fact based.

Are you a fan of fiction? A fan of self help books? Well, here’s a list you will surely enjoy. Below is a curated list of books I believe you should read ranging from the category of self help to fiction to even autobiography.

• Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, by J.K. Rowling

“Harry Potter is an eleven-year-old child who discovers on his eleventh birthday that he is the orphaned son of two powerful wizards and that he possesses special magical abilities. He is summoned from his existence as an unwanted child to attend Hogwarts, an English wizarding boarding school. There, he joins a group of people who become his closest allies and assist him in uncovering the truth about his parents murders.”

• The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg

“The Power of Habit is a book written by Charles Duhigg, a New York Times reporter and author. This book delves into the science of habit formation and reformation.”

• Circe by Madeline Miller

“The book Circe is an adaption of many Greek stories, most notably the Odyssey, as told through the eyes of the sorceress Circe during the Greek Heroic Age.”

• When Breath becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi

“When Breath Becomes Air is a autobiographical book written by neurosurgeon Paul Kalanithi. It is a memoir about his life and illness, battling stage IV metastatic lung cancer.”

• Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

“The book Pride and Prejudice follows Elizabeth Bennet, the daughter of a country gentleman, and Fitzwilliam Darcy, a wealthy aristocratic landowner, who have a unruly relationship. In order to fall in love and married, they must conquer the eponymous sins of pride and prejudice.”

Kaitlin is a current senior majoring in Marketing '22.