This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

If you’re looking to start reading some books outside of the category of entertainment and into the category of catastrophic mind blowing life-altering philosophical break throughs – look no further.

As a mere 21 year old college student, it is quite interesting to reflect back at my mindset just a few years ago and see the difference these books have genuinely made on not only my beliefs but on my life. I highly recommend these books to any and all people, but most of all to girls interested in spirituality and empowerment!

Untamed by glennon doyle

This colorful covered memoir is awe-inspiring, hopeful, and extremely empowering. This book is a tremendous help at undoing the societal programming women receive from a young age regarding how to act, look, and express ourselves. This book is a catalyst for courage and will make any obstacle seem faceable. Glennon Doyle does an amazing job at turning what could have been another cut and dry self-help book into something interesting, emotional, and deeply personal. You will be hooked from the start!

You can heal your life by Louise l. Hay

This book is the simplest and most effective guide to not only loving yourself, but to creating a life that you love. Louise Hay is an absolutely remarkable women who endured unbelievable trauma and was able to create something beautiful out of it (this book was published in 1984 under her own independent company “Hay House” which has become a hugely successful publishing company today). In this book she gives you everything you need to start changing your life for the better.

The 7 Habits of highly effective people by steven covey

The 7 habits teach so many valuable lessons that you can apply to your life immediately. Steven Covey presents facts, stories, statistics, and experiences that provide evidence to this guide on how to become a successful person in all areas of your life. This book will give you the tools to make your everyday life more purposeful and productive.

A new earth: Awakening to your life’s purpose by eckhart tolle

This highly spiritual and enlightening book explains the detriments of ego in our society and how we can create a better world by being our truest selves. For me, this book resonated deeply and is something I remember whenever I am feeling angry, sad, or ungrounded. This book is a reminder to stay present and appreciate life outside of the external things that often cloud our minds.

women who run with the wolves by dr. clarissa pinkola estés ph.D.

This book is a collection of stories that provides an extremely intellectual, history-based, and archetypal take on women’s initiation and lessons in life. This book encourages the expression of the ‘wild woman’, a kind of archetype that has been suppressed for centuries. Each story will change your outlook on the world and give you invaluable lessons in the process.

Sofia is a senior studying Public Relations, Advertising, and Applied Communications at FIU. Sofia loves all things writing and art. She was born and raised in New Jersey but currently resides in Miami. Sofia has a passion for seeing new places, trying new things, and delving into the world of different media.